- I was stuck in the diet/binge cycle for 30 years
- Sugary packaged foods were my binge-drug of choice
- It felt terrible physically and emotionally
- The more sweet stuff I ate, the more I craved
- No more diet rules, just reasonable guidelines
- No foods are forbidden so there is no guilt over eating certain foods
- I love feeling good so it makes sense to do the things that make that happen
- Eating mostly whole foods and being physically active give me what I want
LESSONS LEARNED ALONG THE WAY:
Once I stepped away from dieting I was free to eat anything, even the foods that made me feel crappy. And I did. But I also began to listen to my body instead of diet rules…and soon I began to want to feel good.
I REALIZED WHAT I TRULY WANTED:
1. To feel vibrant in mind and body
2. To eat foods I enjoy
3. To LIVE whole-heartedly, which meant being life-focused, not food-focused
Over time, it became evident that eating real food (most of the time) got me what I wanted. Eating processed foods eventually left me feeling “wanting” – not good enough or full enough for long enough.
Some things I discovered about real food:
- What I eat really does have an effect on how I feel, especially my energy.
- It’s easier to stay at a weight that feels good when I eat real food.
- Whole foods keep me satisfied longer so I don’t feel like prowling. .
- Eating real food helps regulate my hypoglycemia (blood sugar) so I don’t feel crazy as often.
- Real food has more fiber so it keeps me reg’lar.
- I have WAY less cravings when I eat real food.
That’s it. I CAN EAT ANY DANG THING I WANT!!!! And – over time – I have genuinely come to crave whole foods most of the time.
BIG TAKE-AWAY: Eating nutritiously naturally happens as we become more intuitive and mindful. It’s a process – not a “program”. It takes time, honesty, grace, a lot of relapse along the way, and encouraging support from others who are on this same path.
If I can help you on your path in any way please let me know!
*Whole food (real food) is in it’s natural state – not processed and refined. It is close to the way it was originally found. An apple is a whole food. Apple Jacks is not.
CLICK on these links below for more on whole foods…